The Certified Teacher serves as an instructional leader in a specific subject matter at our Community Youth Development Institute located on the Southside of Chicago. The Certified Teacher plans and implements an educational program for an assigned group of students; plans and implements Best Practice instructional programs for individual students assigned to the classroom or group, in concert with mission, culture, and overall campus educational program; develops course syllabi and plans in compliance with state learning goals and standards that demonstrated relevance of subject content to life experience, to better engage students in the learning process; differentiates instruction, coursework and related projects to accommodate varied learning styles and skill levels; utilizes multiple models in the assessment and interpretation of student ability and progress; maintains Academic and classroom attendance records, writes reports and evaluates progress on activities related to the student’s educational program and progress; and, other duties as assigned.
• Position requires a Bachelor’s degree and a Professional Educator License with Secondary Endorsement
• Must have passed basic skills test and subject matter test
• Must maintain current Illinois certification with subject area endorsement
• Must demonstrate the experience, beliefs, attitude and awareness that indicate cultural sensitivity to the student population served
• Ability to partner with students individually, in family or in group, to help mobilize resources and inner capacity to address barriers to their success
• Knowledge of principles and practices of staff, school, and organizational development
YCCS serves At-Risk Students and High School dropouts who are ages 16 - 21 and who have been under-served and/or disconnected from traditional education.
YCCS offers a diversified portfolio of alternative education "choice" campuses for Off-Track Students and Out-of-School Youth that provide multiple pathways to graduation.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin"