The Psychiatrist will provide direct care to patients through psychiatric assessments, medication monitoring, and primary care provider (PCP) consultation. This position will work with our Chief Medical Officer to design trainings for clinic staff addressing various behavioral health-related challenges linked to the primary care setting. Requires dynamic individual interested in growing our psychiatric support for an underserved patient population and our primary care providers within a community health center. Must be able to work as part of a team and have excellent communication skills. Interest in addiction treatment a plus.
• Provide counseling, education, and assessment to clients.
• Prescribe, dispense, and order medications while monitoring therapeutic or adverse effects of prescribed medication and complexity of clients’ medical history and mental state.
• Case manage clients by collaborating with therapists, other physicians/APN’s/PA’s, case managers, and nurses.
Education and Experience:
• Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Illinois.
• Board certified as a psychiatrist.
• Prefer at least one year experience practicing as a psychiatrist.
• Experience working with adults required, and work with adolescents is helpful.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Thorough knowledge of psychotropic medication, including target symptoms, adverse effects, and interaction with other medications.
• Thorough knowledge of general medical information including principles of consultation psychiatry.
• Thorough knowledge of DSM format and ability to diagnose clients with this system.
Spanish or Polish speaking skills preferred
Hours of Clinic: 8am – 8pm, Monday through Friday, 9am – 2 pm Saturday
Position is 40 hours per week
Admitting Hospital-Presence Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Medical Centers
PrimeCare Community Health, Inc. (PrimeCare) is a leading provider of affordable health care service to the Chicagoland communities of Humboldt Park, Logan Square/Hermosa, West Town, and Portage Park. PrimeCare’s mission is to provide quality, accessible, and affordable comprehensive primary health care without barriers to the communities we serve. The health care PrimeCare provides is holistic, u...nderstanding people have physical, emotional, and spiritual needs and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. By integrating its mission, values, and philosophy into every aspect of the organization, PrimeCare strengthens the foundation of the culture in which we work and serve.