Environmental Health Services, at Westmont location
Full-time; including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
starting at $31,190
· Performs field work including food service, child care, pool, spa, tanning, body art, water and sewage inspections
· Conducts West Nile Virus monitoring and testing activities
· Identifies unhealthy conditions and offers health code training for owners and operators of facilities
· Investigates and responds to possible health code violations and complaints such as community health complaints, nuisance control, potable water supply and sewage discharge
· Demonstrates understanding of environmental health practices, procedures and laws
· Completes correspondence, activity reports and records of inspections and investigations
· Interacts with internal and external customers in a professional manner
· Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws
· Participates in emergency response activities as assigned
This position requires completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health or a related field, including a minimum of thirty semester hours or forty-five quarter hours in the physical and/or biological sciences and one year of related experience; or a combination of training and experience.
Approximately 75% of the work performed in this position is field work requiring the candidate to walk, climb stairs, lift with hands and arms and frequently work in outdoor weather conditions. The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to work independently. In addition, this position requires use of personal transportation to travel to worksites within DuPage County. The preferred candidate will be bi-lingual, Spanish.
For additional information regarding this opportunity please visit our website at: www.dupagehealth.org/jobs
DuPage County Health Department strives to offer quality health services with courtesy and respect for our diverse population. Our goal, which is achieved through education, collaboration and access to care, is to safeguard the health of all residents.
DuPage County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer.