Assists the Activity Supervisor, Activity Workers and Activity Assistants in arranging and preparing activities. Runs small group activities or individual activities with targeted participants. Assists in documentation such as temperature log and activity participation record. Provides personal care to clients. Works in a multi-disciplinary team as a member.
1. Assists in the Implementation of Adult Day Service’s (ADS) Activity Programming
Assists in implementing activities.
Prepares activity materials and sets up rooms for activities.
Encourages and motivates clients to join and to be engaged in activities.
Documents client’s activity participation.
Prepares and reads newspaper in the morning session.
Runs small group or individual activities with targeted participants as assigned.
Assists in out trip and other programs when there is a need.
Provides feedbacks to Activity Supervisor on activity evaluation.
2. Assists in Implementation of ADS Clients’ Plan of Care
Provides personal care and assistance to clients, such as toileting, laundry, bathing and meal services.
Learns and understand individual client’s plan of care.
Reports any physical, psycho-social, and cognitive changes of the clients to the Activity Supervisor, Coordinator, or Nurse.
Communicates with Activity Supervisor on activity care plans of the clients.
3. Assists in meal service preparation
Sets up the meal service table and assists in table clean-up after meal.
Heats up milk for clients if they request it.
Assists in other meal service preparation as assigned.
4. Assists in documentation such as temperature log, attendance log, meal food consumption log and newspaper clipping if assigned.
5. Attends work-related training sessions when there is enough back-up.
If assigned by the Program Coordinator, escort the driver to transport ADS clients to and from the ADS center.
6. Follows and implements ADS Policy and Procedures and Agency Policy on providing services to clients in ADS center.
7. Responds to agency needs by performing assigned tasks which do not fall within the above description. If such tasks are not of a temporary nature, they shall be added to this list of the designed
Obtains Food Handler Certificate in the first three months of employment and maintains this certificate.
Participates and assists in other ADS related events which may arise from time to time.
High school graduate or above with at least one year of working experience, or
At least 3 years of prior documented experience working in programs for elderly.
Ability to speak, read and write Chinese (Cantonese, Toishanese or Mandarin); English language ability is a plus.
Some knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and Powerpoint, is preferred.
Chinese American Service League (CASL) is the largest most comprehensive social service agency in the Midwest dedicated to serving the needs of Chinese Americans. We provide child educational services, elder services, employment training services, employment training services, family counseling, and housing/financial education to clients of all ages and backgrounds. If you want to learn more about us, visit http://caslservice.org/