Founded in 1984, Chicago Youth Programs (CYP) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the health and life opportunities of at-risk children, ages birth-25, empowering each child to achieve long-term positive outcomes. Using a holistic approach that gives more educational support, more guidance, and more preventative healthcare, CYP creates long-term relationships within an intentional community. It is a program made by Chicagoans for Chicago families; we engage a cadre of over 500 skilled volunteers to staff our 40 programs. CYP currently provides programs in four communities, Near North/Cabrini Green, Washington Park, Uptown, and our newest community, North Lawndale.
Reporting to CYP’s Chief Program Officer, the Uptown Youth Programs Manager serves as an integral member of the team and will be responsible for the development and oversight of a comprehensive array of programs designed to serve the youth in the Uptown community. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional with program experience and a proven track record of creative problem solving and program oversight to join a grass-roots, community based, and mission-driven organization.
* Volunteer recruitment, training, and ongoing communication of all program activities and objectives.
* Supervise Volunteer Program Coordinators and part –time consultants, including but not limited to program assistants, van drivers, and bus monitors.
* Recruit and orient families to all program activities; maintaining communication and setting clear expectations for program participation.
* Coordinate all aspects of program activities including transportation (bus and van scheduling) as well as service delivery (coordinating and scheduling field trips, program materials, etc.).
* Maintain relationships with partner organizations. Our partners contribute in- kind and various other donations to CYP in the form of classroom space, tutors for our programs, program supplies, and skills based volunteerism. Leveraging these relationships to maximize volunteer satisfaction and impact is crucial to our programmatic success and overall mission.
* Attend community programs to oversee operations and ensure effectiveness.
* Build relationships and maintain contact with families.
* Attend staff, program, and supervision meetings.
* Facilitate ongoing program evaluation and maintain program data.
* Manage a City of Chicago CDBG grant.
* Follow up with inconsistent program attendees and help families address barriers to their child's attendance.
* Address issues as they arise, including but not limited to: youth behavior, volunteer concerns, and programmatic issues.
* Follow up with inconsistent volunteers.
* Maintain volunteer and family databases.
* Meet individually with Volunteer Program Coordinators and program staff (as applicable).
* Provide outreach to high-risk families through local schools and organizations.
* Volunteer recognition.
* Maintain program materials: nutrition, school supplies, and other needed resources.
* Track curricula results using CYP proprietary Concept Packages.
* Attend Regional Consortium Conference Meetings and other pertinent community meetings.
* Manage and track program budget.
* Supervise and evaluate all consultants and/or part time staff working on behalf of programs.
* Stay abreast of enrollment utilizing targeted outreach to maintain program numbers; monitor an active waiting list.
* Secure and maintain program space.
* Conduct ongoing program development.
* Provide crisis intervention as necessary.
* Provide service referrals to families as necessary.
* Organize and support Parent Club gatherings in partnership with Health Programs Manager and family events such as holiday and end of year gatherings.
* Provide outreach to and collaborate with community organizations.
* General office administration.
* Collaborate with program staff to drive toward the Chicago Youth Programs mission.
* Develop and implement summer programs.
* Submit quarterly data and evaluation information, including satisfaction surveys.
* Support development efforts attending three annual fundraisers, driving attendance, and providing youth support to events.
* Collaborate with program staff on combined programs. Team work and long term retention of youth, staff, and volunteers alike is key to children’s success at CYP.
* Ability to work in a team setting.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, and high volume seasons.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet programs.
* Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
* Self-starter who is highly organized.
* Willingness to complete other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three years in direct management of programs that serve in an urban environment.
* Must be able to pass Chicago Youth Programs and Chicago Park District background checks.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is based on the work history and experience of the successful candidate.