SSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (These include but are not limited to the following. The company reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.)
1. Stimulates, facilitates and promotes the growth of company paraprofessional business.
2. Implements policies of the Community Care Program and Private Pay Programs in accordance with Chicago Commons policies, and regulatory guidelines as set forth by; the Illinois Department on Aging, Department of Human Services and Illinois Department of Public Health.
3. Coordinates the implementation of services for clients, Under the guidance of the Area Director, provides direct supervision to field supervisors.
4. Determines work procedures, assigns duties, and assures compliance of files and records.
5. Monitors program activities for compliance, efficiency and quality of service.
6. Recommends personnel actions, such as hiring, discipline, promotion, and terminations. Caries out duties inherent of a manager.
7. Meet or exceed, growth objectives/ projections for clients and employees
8. Represents agency in the community, attends various fairs, promotional events, meetings, and functions to promote paraprofessional services.
9. Provides training to supervisors and field staff as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS: (The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create hardship for the incumbent including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands, environmental conditions, demands on one’s senses and metal demands.)
The position requires the ability to travel outside of the office.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. )
Education Minimum Requirements
Associate Degree Proficiency in Microsoft Office Experience in social services, healthcare or community care programs
Minimum of one year supervisory or management experience Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Fluent in English (bilingual a plus)
Chicago Commons is a premier social service organization that has made a difference in the Chicago land area for over 120 years. Chicago Commons’ mission has been to partner with individuals, families, and communities to overcome poverty, discrimination, and isolation. We are a neighborhood-focused nonprofit dedicated to improving the well-being of thousands of children, adults, seniors, and famil...ies. Our programs are designed to provide the necessary tools to help strengthen skills and develop self-sufficiency. Since 1894, we have operated in neighborhoods where children, seniors and families are most at risk for poverty, violence and educational disadvantage including West Humboldt Park, Pilsen, Back of the Yards, and Grand Boulevard.