Case Management/Social Services, Education/Teaching/Training
4 Year Degree
Working with our Program team, the general duties and responsibilities of the ProgramLeader include:
· Leading and designing a range of enrichment programs that are meaningful, engaging, and specifically designed to meet the individual needs and goals of our participants.
· Providing support and skills development support in our employment/vocational program.
· Developing innovative and effective support and learning strategies.
· Developing goals for participants tied to programs and assessing participant progress towards goals.
· Supervising peer mentor volunteers during programs.
· Working with our participants to build supportive relationships.
· Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Our Place Program Team is highly collaborative, creative, and energetic.
We currently run programs from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 6pm to 9pm, Saturday evenings. The specific hours to be worked will depend on the requirements of the program and the preferences of the candidate.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, energetic, values collaboration and innovation, and has a strong commitment to their own professional development. We seek people who can naturally and easily engage in our programs and with our participants.
A background in education, counselling, social work, or working with youth and adult groups is preferred. Prior experience working with teens and adults with development disabilities, or in special education environments, is welcomed. A Bachelors degree and/or professional qualification in a related field is an advantage.
Additional Salary Information: Additional benefits for a full time employee include insurance, paid time off as accrued and designated holidays.
Our Place of New Trier Township supports teens and adults with developmental disabilities so that they can live meaningful, productive, socially connected lives in their home community. All of our programs target personal growth through skills development and immersion in community life. We facilitate intensive relationships with staff, peers, mentors and community volunteers.