The Foundation and Corporate Relations Coordinator is responsible for the creation and management of a well coordinated, strategic development plan to cultivate and solicit support from foundations, corporations and government sources. This position works to establish long-term partnerships, strengthen existing relationships and initiate new contacts within the foundation and corporate sectors. This position reports to the Director of Development.
The desired candidate will provide the expertise to advance MetroSquash’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate/foundation guidelines and interests, and by maintaining strong communication ties with corporate and foundation donors and prospects. This position collaborates with other MetroSquash staff on reporting outcomes, funding priorities and activation of sponsorships. We are looking for someone who is energetic, ambitious, goal-oriented and creative, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, with a talent for building strong and productive relationships across constituencies.
• Identify prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential
• Provide comprehensive reports on potential individual donors and family foundations
• Complete all required letters of intent, proposals and follow up reports
• Ensure all marketing and sponsorship agreements are met
• Arrange, conduct and coordinate cultivation, stewardship and recognition activities such as on-site signage, recognition in publications and on-site visits for corporate sponsors
• Work with Academic and Program staff to craft regular updates for external stakeholders for key program metrics
• Maintain accuracy of donor tracking systems and database for while maintaining confidentiality of donor information
• Work with staff and volunteers on the corporate aspects of fundraising events
• Work closely with MetroSquash staff to ensure clear lines of communication and effective coordination
• A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years progressively responsible fundraising, business development and/or sales experience
• Preference will be given to candidates with successful corporate and/or foundation experience
• Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising techniques
• Demonstrated ability in proposal writing for varied proposal development
• Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporations and foundations
• Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
• Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives
• Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision • Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
Our mission is to engage underserved Chicago youth through academic support, squash and wellness, mentoring, enrichment, and community service to develop high school ready middle schoolers, college ready high schoolers, and career ready adults.
It is our vision to become a Chicago leader in promoting academic achievement, healthy lifestyles, and access to opportunity for youth. We have three ma...in outcomes that we focus on year-round: Increasing Academic Achievement, Improving Health and Wellness, and Providing Career and Life Skills for all of our students. Our ultimate goal is to serve our students and families in our community through holistic, pathway programming to empower them to reach their full potential.