The Children's Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County (CAC) is on the rise and seeking a Development Coordinator to ensure the effectiveness of development activities, such as special events and data and volunteer management, in line with CAC's best practices and priorities.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Development and the agency's Fund Development Committee, the Development Coordinator is responsible for planning and executing special events, managing the agency volunteer program, and administering CAC's DonorPerfect database. The Development Coordinator is also responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with community groups, corporations, and service groups; and acting as a liaison for CAC's ancillary groups. External presentations to corporations and community groups are also required.
This is a broad role and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to experience many aspects of the development function within a growing not-for-profit organization. CAC is looking for a candidate who is adaptable, works well with people from all backgrounds, and shows initiative and enthusiasm in taking on fundraising projects.
Special Events (50% of time)
1) Work closely with the Director of Development, Event Chairs, and the Fund Development Committee to set fundraising goals for all CAC events.
2) Lead the planning and coordination of all fundraising events, including the Hope, Heal and Grow Gala; Champions for Children 5K walk; Annual Golf Outing; and Casino Night.
3) Work closely with Event Chairs to provide guidance and logistical support and work with and manage CAC event vendors.
4) Together with the Development Communications Coordinator, create unique marketing collateral for each event.
5) Act as agency liaison for Third Party Events hosted on behalf of CAC.
Volunteer Program (15% of time)
1) Manage CAC volunteer program, including recruitment and training of Center and committee volunteers.
2) Act as liaison to the CAC Young Professionals group, "CAC Emerging Leaders." Attend monthly meetings and provide guidance and support to this group.
Data Management (35% of time)
1) Capture and manage donor data in the Donor Perfect database management system.
2) Issue tax acknowledgements for gifts received.
3) Create and run custom data reports to support development initiatives.
4) Assist the Director of Development with the Major Gifts program, including capturing donor data, researching donor prospects, and creating donor cultivation and stewardship plans.
5) Support the Development Communications Coordinator in the creation of mailing lists for appeal letters, electronic communications, and other communications, as needed.
6) Lead and work closely the the CAC's Stewardship Committee.
Bachelor's Degree; 4-5 years of proven, successful experience in development; Experience with DonorPerfect database or comparable; Experience planning large and small-scale fundraising events.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities; Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines; Proven ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with colleagues and senior officials.
About Children's Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County
The Children's Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County (CAC) is a not-for-profit organization established in 1989 to serve child victims of sexual abuse, and their non-offending family members. The Center serves children and families in 38 communities in North and Northwest Suburban Cook County. CAC works with local law enforcement agencies, DCFS, the State's Attorney's Office, and me...dical and mental health professionals to provide a comprehensive, coordinated multidisciplinary response to reports of child abuse.