Position: Early Childhood Teacher in a day care setting with a Preschool for All Program
When available: Immediate Opening
Days and hours: M-F, 9:00 am-5:00pm, some evening & weekends for family events
Qualifications: Early Childhood Teaching Certificate prior experience in nursery school/day care setting preferred, team player, upbeat, nurturing, positive attitude; familiarity with the Reggio Emilia Approach preferred
Implement Preschool for All program through a team approach
Plan and implement play-based curriculum (Creative Curriculum)
Work effectively and cooperatively w/ teaching team and support staff
Complete screenings & documentation for program participants
Engage children in age appropriate manner, promoting independence and self confidence within a group dynamic
Collect documentation on children’s individual growth and group project work
Communicate progress and concerns to parents, verbally and in written form
Keep children safe
Assist with meals, modeling appropriate behavior
Assist children as they prepare for rest time
Be a nurturing, kind, and loving influence
Communicate needs, concerns and ideas to co-workers
IL Early Childhood Teaching Certificate preferred or the ability to acquire one
BA in early childhood education or related field
Moderate degree of physical stamina with occasional lifting of 15-20 pounds. Ability to move freely to various locations within the classroom and other business and community settings. Frequent standing, walking and bending. Frequent repetitive activities including hands, arms, and legs. Exposure to noise and activity of a school setting.
Additional Salary Information: option for position to be a 9 month or 12 month position paid time off; health benefits; professional development re-imbursement
About Highland Park Community Nursery School & Day Care Center
Founded 65 years ago, Highland Park Community Nursery School & Day Care Center provides essential, high-quality early childhood education and child care using a sliding fee scale for an intentionally diverse group of children who reside in Highland Park and neighboring communities. With an average tenure of 15 years, our staff of 16 early childhood educators and fine arts teachers, provide the fo...llowing:
• Nursery School – 2 ½ year olds (two days per week); 3 year olds (3 days per week); 4 year olds (1/2 days, 4 or 5 days per week, mornings or afternoons); and “Lunch Bunch” (a nutritious meal and supervised activities with friends and a classroom teacher).
• Day Care – year-round, part-time or full-time care for 3 and 4 year olds (7:30 AM – 5:30 PM).
• Before School Care – starting at 7:30 AM, activities for grades K – 5, students are then bussed to NSSD 112 schools.
• Before-Kindergarten Enrichment – students attend the center in the morning until 11:30 when they are transported to NSSD 112 via the bus; during school holidays, activities including pm snack are offered from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
• After-Kindergarten Enrichment – NSSD 112 students arrive via bus at lunchtime and can remain until 5:30 PM; during school holidays, activities including breakfast and lunch are offered from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
• Summer Camp – 3-6 year olds receive early childhood education plus special nature and cultural arts activities, weekly art and music classes, water and sand play, walking field trips, and picnic lunches/cookouts.
• Preschool For All – a 2 ½ hour state funded program, 180 days per year for children “at risk” for academic failure.
• Wrap Around Child Care – students receive breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack (prepared on site) and nurturing care in an enriching environment while parents are working or attending classes.