The Catholic Lawyers’ Guild of Chicago seeks an executive director who can work on various projects that will take approximately forty (40) hours in the first month. After this initial work, an ideal candidate should be able to commit five (5) to fifteen (15) hours per month to help aid the organization’s officers with activities pertaining to the Guild. Hourly pay is negotiable and commensurate with a person’s experience.
Tasks to be performed include:
• assist the president and secretary in preparing agendas, minutes and other meeting materials
• logging membership dues and maintaining the Guild’s official membership list
• checking the Guild’s e-mail and P.O. box and responding to requests
• posting content to the Guild’s website
• helping with written member communications (both e-mail and paper mailings)
• assist the treasurer in preparing financial reports.
Familiarity with one or more of the following software systems is desired:
• Microsoft Office (Office & Excel)
• Intuit QuickBooks for accounting
• WordPress content management system for website maintenance
• Wild Apricot or other comparable membership management software.
The Catholic Lawyers Guild of Chicago is a bar association serving Catholic judges, lawyers and other individuals who work in our judicial system. Through activities such as the annual Archdiocesan Red Mass, retreats, periodic educational programs, and its restorative justice project, it seeks (i) to support members in applying their faith to the challenges of professional and personal life, (ii)... to promote the highest ethical standards in the practice of the law and (iii) to encourage service to society. Additional information regarding the Guild can be found at www.clgchicago.org.