Susan G. Komen – Chicago was established in 1997 and held the first Susan G. Komen Chicago Race for the Cure®. Since our inception, Komen Chicago has awarded nearly $17.4 million towards the fight against breast cancer. In 2017, Komen Chicago granted over $1 million to 11 local organizations funding lifesaving breast health navigation, breast cancer screening, diagnostics, treatment and treatment... support services for uninsured and underinsured women and men in need.
Seventy-five percent (75%) of the net proceeds raised by the Affiliate are dedicated to fighting breast cancer locally in the Chicagoland service area. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) of net proceeds raised support global research. The generosity and spirit of our corporate sponsors, community partners, individual donors and volunteers enables the Affiliate to save the lives of thousands of individuals in the Chicagoland area and work towards our vision of a world without breast cancer.