Goodwill is seeking a Development Manager to join our organization.
We have a wonderful opportunity for you to help raise funds that support Goodwill's mission, programs and services through management of our comprehensive resource development program. Our Development Manager oversees and has the support of a Development Administrator.
Some duties include:
1. Researches, prepares and submits proposals to private and government funders; facilitates grant planning discussions with internal colleagues to develop program outcomes and budgets. Prepares and submits grant reports for funders. (40%)
2. Manages planned giving program including marketing, identification, qualification and solicitation of prospects and recommendation for selection of software used to qualify prospects. (30%)
3. Represents Goodwill in a professional manner and promotes Goodwill within the community. Utilizes facility tours and other vehicles to enhance Goodwill’s public image and to obtain public and private support for the achievement of its mission. (20%)
4. Works in collaboration with the Vice President of Development and Community Services to establish and develop the programs of the Development Department. (10%)
5. Other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in a related field and no less than 5 years of experience in resource development. Does this sound like a great career opportunity to you? Please, click the apply button below to be considered for this wonderful opportunity. Thank you!
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in Resource Development; able to demonstrate increasing responsibility.
• Must have excellent people skills. Must also possess exceptional written, verbal, organization and process improvement skills.
• Must possess ability to work in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of fund development software desired.
• Adheres to an appropriate set of core values during both good and bad times. Is widely trusted and seen as a direct and truthful individual.
• Communicates a compelling and inspired mission and makes the vision real and “shareable” by everyone.
• Approachable and builds rapport easily and well. Invites input from each person while sharing ownership and recognition.
• Knows how to manage conflicts, seeing them as opportunities. Can negotiate tough agreements and settle disputes equitably without damaging relationships. Builds effective teams and defines success in terms of the whole team.
• Action oriented, enjoys hard work and is able to make decisions on imperfect information.
• Can deal with ambiguity, effectively manage change, and handle risk and uncertainty. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
• A good organizer and project manager who can multi-task and utilize resources to get the job done. Uses logic, honest analysis and consultation with others to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Results-oriented, can be counted on to meet and/or exceed goals successfully.
• Knows how business works in the marketplace and knows the competition. Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to improve services.
• Sets clear objectives and measures progress against results. Develops schedules and task/people assignments. Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Committed to continuous quality improvement through management by data. Knows what to measure and how to measure it.
• Politically savvy and can maneuver through complex political situations effectively.
• Able to travel to various locations on agency business.
• Has full range of motion and is able to move throughout facility.
• Able to lift and carry 25 pounds
Additional Salary Information: Will discuss in interview. Negotiable based on experience.
About Goodwill Industries of Southeastern WI & Metro Chicago
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc. is the largest of more than 165 Goodwill organizations in the world and has been providing services since 1919. Some 6,200 Goodwill employees work in nearly 100 locations throughout our 23-county territory in southeastern Wisconsin and metropolitan Chicago. Our service territory consists of thirteen full or partial counties in southeastern Wisconsin, and ten full or partial counties in northeastern Illinois.