North Shore Exchange is an award-winning upscale and luxury resale boutique and online store offering its shoppers, consignors and donors an unbeatable “win-win”: fabulous upscale and luxury designer finds for incredible prices, and the knowledge that every single item sold is making a difference in the life of someone in need. North Shore Exchange donates 100% of its profits to Chicagoland charities serving children and families. North Shore Exchange has reached a cumulative $1,000,000 in charitable giving to deserving Chicago-area causes.
On October 3rd, we're building on our powerful combination of luxe resale and philanthropy with a second location in Chicago. Our expansion will allow us to have an even greater impact on the worthy charities we support.
To make the city location a success, we need a part-time store manager and two part-time assistant managers.
1. Provide overall management of North Shore Exchange, its employees and its volunteers
2. Manage all day to day operations for NSE, including personnel, sales promotions and inventory control.
3. Develop and Communicate weekly schedule of volunteer/employee staffing
4. Provide Superior Customer service and assistance to our Customers, Consignors and Donors
5. Hire, Train and Manage all employees and volunteers
6. Institute Staff meetings – involve/invite key shop operations people as needed
7. Implement and Train Volunteers on all new technology (calendar, online store, etc) needed for day to day activities
8. Develop and Manage external relationships
9. Help facilitate intake, putting out of items and communication
10. Conduct Annual performance reviews of Sales Staff
11. Develop controls for Cash Monitoring and Daily Deposits
12.Develop specific task lists for volunteers – assign ongoing projects as necessary
13. Rotate All merchandise to sell when necessary and remove from floor when expired
14.Oversee and ensure rotation and updating of window and in-store display
15. Manage/oversee donation pickups
16. Make recommendations to Executive Director/Board for changes in store operations, capital expenses and budget changes
17. Analyze marketing and sales trends and make recommendations based on analysis
18. Provide a welcoming inclusive working environment for all staff and volunteers
19. Maintain an inventory of necessary supplies
20. Maintain an expedient process for returning unsold or unwanted items to consignors
1-3 years retail sales management experience
High-energy fashionista with excellent communication skills and exemplary customer service experience. Supervisory experience
Chicago's premier philanthropic consignment shop is opening in the city. North Shore Exchange is a nonprofit resale boutique offering upscale and luxury designer women's clothing and accessories; furniture and home decor. All profits support organizations providing human services to children and families at or below the poverty level. NSE has donated a cumulative $1,000,000 to Chicagoland causes.