Onward Neighborhood House is a family resource center which served the West Town neighborhood of Chicago for over 138 years. Onward Neighborhood House works now to support low income immigrant families and children in Chicago’s Belmont Cragin and surrounding communities. Our mission is to empower families and individuals in need to achieve their full potential in a community based setting through educational, recreational and social service programs.
We offer early childhood education services, after school programs and adult education services including a computer lab. We are currently seeking a maintenance worker. If you are a qualified, motivated individual, and would like to join our exciting and expanding organization, Onward Neighborhood House is the place for you. Please do not miss out on this great employment opportunity-apply now!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Under the general supervision of the Director of Early Childhood Education Services performs maintenance, janitorial duties necessary to overall agency operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Routine cleaning of facilities, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, etc.
2. Wipe and clean bathroom walls, tiles, and baseboards on a daily basis.
3. Sweep, mop and vacuum classrooms, hallways, lobby, etc. on a daily basis.
4. Dispose of garbage, trash, and refuse daily.
5. Replenish consumable supplies such as soap, paper towels, toilet paper, etc. as needed.
6. Perform periodic maintenance and cleaning of agency and equipment (i.e., air ducts, window sills, vacuum cleaners, etc.).
7. Attend regular supervision sessions with supervisor.
8. Communicates regularly with supervisor regarding status of supplies and other facility-related concerns.
9. Regularly receive stock and deliver food and other delivered supplies to appropriate destination. Will also work with Maintenance Supervisor in moving and receiving donated items.
10. Maintain a clean and sanitary environment of all facilities.
11. Display positive and supportive attitude with parents, children and other adults with who contact is made.
12. Assist Maintenance Supervisor with security of facilities before and after program hours.
13. Perform other maintenance duties as assigned and in accordance with skills.