Facilitate and manage all fundraising activities within your region
Establish and support regionalized fundraising plans in coordination with local volunteers
Develop and implement strategies to increase participation rates from individuals and clubs
Research issues, recommend an appropriate course of action and establish recognition plans.
Serve as the primary responder to LCIF development calls, responds to member inquiries regarding recognition and donations.
Produce and draft association manuals; Develop resources or other written materials for LCIF such as: manual preparation of speeches, PowerPoint presentations, seminar, and training materials for Lion volunteers.
Keep detailed records of interactive history for all donor contacts.
Ensure donor data is accurate and up to date; assist in compiling new data for cultivation purposes.
Identify potential donors through research and evaluation.
Plan and facilitate LCIF Lion volunteer meetings, training seminars, etc.
Coordinate efforts with other departments on cross-functional projects.
Provide input to the manager and assist in implementing department plans and goals.
Prepare and/or review reports to communicate and evaluate department information.
Attend select Lions events to promote LCIF or support the work of the LCIF coordinators.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
· A Bachelor Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Marketing, Communications, Non-Profit Management or related OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
· At least 3-5 years of related experience (fundraising, public speaking, presentations, forums, program development, foundation work, non-profit work, etc.)
· Spanish speaking and writing ability required
· Experience working in non-profit or with volunteers definitely preferred
· We need you to be a quick learner and computer savvy (Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint required).
· The right candidate will have good judgment, an outgoing personality and does not shy away from picking up the phone to cold-call Lions volunteers and clubs. In addition, this individual will demonstrate a strong initiative, be a go-getter, assertive, great communicator (public speaking experience needed, as you will make presentations to small and large groups), have good writing skills and conduct himself/herself professionally and poised in all dealings with Lions, Lions Leadership, and Management.
The World's Largest Service Club Organization
Our 46,000 clubs and 1.4+ million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective. Our members do whatever is needed to help their local communities. Everywhere we work, we make friends. With children who need eyeglasses, with seniors who don’t have enough to eat and with people we may never meet.