As an integral member of the Development department, the Special Events and Volunteer Coordinator will work in collaboration with the entire Development and Marketing team to advance Pioneer Center for Human Services’ mission, through special events planning and volunteer coordination. The Special Events and Volunteer Coordinator will recruit, engage, train and schedule volunteers for all Pioneer Center programs. This position will also require leadership in planning,
· Work with Development team to determine annual special event strategy that works in connection with the Development Department’s operating plan.
· Maintain and assist in developing agency events calendar.
· Utilize the Development Department’s database to manage event logistics.
· Maintain, organize and manage existing and new events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and positive exposure.
· Manage the creation and development of fundraising and special events at Pioneer Center, including: -Devising event concepts and determining target audiences. -Planning, coordinating and managing logistics and technical event aspects, pre and post. -Event promotion. -Post-event follow-up and analysis.
· Plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate all aspects of Pioneer Center fundraising events.
· Set date and location for each event.
· Develop event planning timeline.
· Manage all event logistics, including vendor contracts.
· On-site event management.
· Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with the planning and staffing of the event.
· Monitor and prepare ongoing event progress reports.
· Manage special event volunteer committees.
· Work with the Marketing team in the creation of promotional material and all event marketing, including invitations.
· Promote and coordinate 3rd Party Events: -Research community markets to identify 3rd party event opportunities. -Act as Agency’s main contact for volunteers organizing 3rd party events.
· Actively encourage and promote events within the community via presentations to appropriate groups (i.e., Rotary, church youth groups, Knights of Columbus, etc.).
· Coordinate guest lists, food service arrangements, décor planning, staffing of volunteers and all necessary preparations for each event.
· Must be able to supervise and attend special events, at times requiring evening and/or weekend work.
Volunteer and Community Involvement:
· Review and determine agency’s volunteer needs, ongoing and annually.
· Develop and maintain volunteer job descriptions for each volunteer assignment.
· Effectively recruit, interview, orient, train, place and manage individuals for a variety of volunteer roles within the agency.
· Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure all volunteers meet training requirements and background checks.
· Coordinate recognition efforts to thank and recognize volunteer commitment.
· Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer/supervisory mix, and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations.
· Host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified volunteer candidates.
· Coordinate volunteer activities for groups, such as corporate volunteers, church groups, youth and community groups, etc.
· Create and build relationships with community organizations to expand Pioneer volunteer base.
· Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers.
· Ensure volunteers are engaged through consistent and effective communication.
· Maintain a database for tracking volunteer information, hours, schedules and event participation.
· Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation, utilizing Development Department donor database.
· Meet with and support volunteer groups and committees.
Must have and maintain a valid driver's license. Must be able to meet agency driver safety requirement of carrying personal vehicle insurance with the following limits: $100,000 bodily injury, each person $300,000 bodily injury, each accident $100,000 property damage
Pioneer Center for Human Services is a 501(c)3, non-profit charitable organization that provides direct services to thousands of individuals each year. The organization also provides education and outreach to schools and community organizations reaching over 10,000 additional individuals.