Oversees the daily operations of the Education Delivery Services Team, which supports delivery of all education related programs. Full delegated authority to act on behalf of the Director, Education Resources in their absence. Provide support to the Director, Education Resources with the implementation of strategic plans and policies. To provide leadership, supervision and direction to department staff. Oversees State Certification area, which ensures that all Appraisal Institute education has been submitted to IDECC, AQB and all states for approval. Oversees the Instructor Specialist and the instructor training program for the Appraisal Institute. Ensures that education programs are delivered and administered in a smooth and efficient manner, consistent with the quality and reliability associated with the Appraisal Institute’s reputation. Oversees the Client Education area. Helps Client Education Manager develop outreach to non-traditional providers and helps to implement programs. Works with the Research department to monitor and analyzes education trends and presents findings to the Education committee. Liaises with Communications to design and create a video platform for instructor training and support of instructor maintenance and growth. Creates and distributes timely Education promotional messages via Social Media channels in conjunction with Communications and Marketing areas. Works with the other Service Teams (CE and Admissions, AI Service Center, Marketing Teams) to ensure proactive communication, identify student and chapter needs, and exchange of ideas. Interacts with the Product Development Team, and the Technology Based Education Team.
- Oversees the management for delivery of all types of education:
a) Standard chapter programs (nationally developed materials).
b) Chapter developed and Third-Party programs and meetings
c) Recruitment/retention membership programs
d) National premieres
e) National programs
f) Delivery of the International programs
g) Appraisal Institute conferences
h) Instructor Training
i) Conferences that we collaborate with others
j) Programs developed from outside clients – i.e., the Lender series
k) Any other education programs
- Hires, manages, and supervises Education Delivery Services Team and State Certification Team. Provides leadership, guidance and support to Teams as needed.
- Designs, implements, and manages efficient and effective systems for workflow and delivery of education. Prioritizes projects.
- Serves as co-liaison to the national Education Committee.
- Maintains a “big picture” view of Appraisal Institute’s educational offerings around the world. Ensures that appropriate education is offered in appropriate locations given member needs, chapters’ plans, offerings of other providers, and other relevant factors.
- Using the Annual Chapter Planning Sheets, monitors chapter’s education schedules to ensure that the education programs that should be scheduled are scheduled as planned. For chapters that have opted-out of offering education, monitors education program schedules to ensure that national’s schedule is adequately servicing the chapter’s jurisdiction.
- Interacts and communicates with the Education Delivery Manager regarding chapter issues, policies, and problem solving.
- Interacts and communicates with the State Certification Manager regarding chapter issues, policies, and problem solving.
- Interacts and communicated with the Client Education Manager regarding program issues, policies and problem solving.
- Interacts and communicates with the CE/Admissions Teams regarding student issues, policies, and problem solving.
- Interacts with Service Teams to identify workflow issues.
- Works with the Product Development Team, and Technology Based Education.
- Maintains productive working relationships with other directors and managers in all areas of the association to create and maintain working relationships and communication.
- Proposes national, regional, and local research projects related to education operations and needs, chapter educational planning, and other chapter or student issues or activities.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of an operating plan and budget for the Team. Responsible for Education budget relating to delivery (all programs). Has fiscal responsibility for this budget area.
- Responds to queries and complaints (written and verbal).
- Analyzes information systems and needs; proposes creation/modification of computer programs, and provides specifications.
- Provide reports and analysis of the activities of the education providers.
- Performs other projects as assigned by the Director, Education.
- Four-year college degree in Business or Liberal Arts, and equivalent association-based experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Project management ability and fundamental business management techniques, including strategic planning.
- Ability to develop, monitor and control budget.
- Strong staff supervision skills
- Five to seven years management experience (staff supervision), association-based required.