On BOARD is A&BC’s unique board training and matching program for business leaders who are interested in serving on the Board of Directors of a nonprofit arts organization. Since 1999, A&BC has matched over 250 business professionals on nonprofit boards.
Participants attend sessions on the fundamentals of board service including finances, legal responsibilities, tax issues, and fundraising. During the same period, they meet with organizations that are currently seeking board members, attend performances/programming, and board meetings to determine which organization best aligns with their artistic interests and professional skills.
BECOME AN ON BOARD CANDIDATE
On BOARD candidates are experienced professionals, typically with expertise in operations, finance, marketing/communications, public relations, strategy, organizational development, human resources, management consulting, IT, or nonprofit management. They typically have 5-10 years of professional experience. Many candidates are Manager-, Director-, or VP-level business professionals, independent consultants, small business owners, and nonprofit and higher education professionals.
On BOARD Spring 2017 Training Course Dates:
Sessions are from 9am-1pm unless otherwise noted.
- Orientation/Session 1: Saturday May 6 - Phases of Nonprofit Development, Roles & Responsibilities
- Meet the Boards Networking Event: Wednesday May 17, 5:30-8:00pm
- Training Session 2: Saturday, Apr 22 - Nonprofit Finances, Budgeting, & Tax Issues
- Training Session 3: Saturday, Jul 22 - Fundraising & Development
- Training Session 4: Saturday, Aug TBD - Legal & Fiduciary Responsibilities
If you are interested in joining a nonprofit arts board and would like to participate in our training and matching program, please apply here. Application deadline is Apr 28 (Early bird Apr 14).