Fulltime, year-round managerial opportunity at CROYA, the community-based youth organization of Lake Forest, Lake Bluff, and Knollwood, Illinois. This position is responsible to work with community leaders, including all schools, public and private, in Lake Forest and Lake Bluff. CROYA is funded by The City of Lake Forest, the Village of Lake Bluff, and the three local public school districts. The Program Manager must uphold the core values of The City of Lake Forest, which are Trust, Respect, Excellence and Integrity.
Duties will include:
- Creating and facilitating youth programming for after school Student Union drop-in hours (Mon. – Fri.; 3:30 – 5:30pm)
- Creating and facilitating youth programming for multiple weekends per month
- Attending occasional weekend retreats, lock-ins, and road trips
- Training and supervising approximately 10-12 part time staff
- Providing support to other staff members during weekday, weeknight and weekend programming
Applicants must be positive, enthusiastic, organized, and enjoy working with both middle school and high school youth. Applicants must have excellent customer service, communication skills, and proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office. Daily hours will vary.
Applicants must have skills in:
- facilitating the development of leadership skills with team building, decision making and group processing;
- empowering young adults to bring their creative ideas to life in realistic and appropriate ways;
- assisting young adults in managing their lives while building skills for future endeavors;
- guiding young adults in learning valuable life skills including accountability, ethics, values, civility, and service;
- general assessment of at-risk youth to provide appropriate referrals.
Requires BA/BS degree in Psychology, Social Work, Recreation, Education, or a related field; and at least 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory / managerial role.
This is your chance to become a member of a team that’s recognized as a national model for community-based youth organizations. To find out more about CROYA, visit www.CROYA.com.
Only online applications will be accepted
Application deadline: March 26, 2017
Approximate hiring: May 2017
An Equal Opportunity Employer