Director of Development
Magdalene House Chicago
We seek an end to a culture that allows human beings to be bought and sold.
Magdalene House Chicago seeks to nurture transformative and sustainable change for women who have survived and are in recovery from abuse, sex trafficking, prostitution, and addiction, by providing a residential sanctuary where they can heal and access community-based services.
The Director of Development is responsible for creating, planning, organizing, and directing all of Magdalene House Chicago’s fundraising including: developing the case for support statement, grant writing and management, the start-up campaign, major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Board of Directors, it’s advisors, and employees in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of Magdalene House Chicago, Inc.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and database skills.
- Must have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Possess corporate network philanthropic relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Must display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening skills.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a fundraising plan for Magdalene House Chicago, in collaboration with Board of Directors, to reach capital campaign goal.
- Build the planned giving program, with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Maintain fundraising and grant databases, tracking systems and gift recognition programs.
- Seek grants: develop case for support, grant research, proposal, and grant database creation.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Magdalene House Chicago.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising volunteers and staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Work closely with and report to Magdalene House Chicago’s Board of Directors, it’s advisors, and employees.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Part-time, Contractual, Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume to Board of Directors at DODFundraising@MagdaleneHouseChicago.org
April 17th, 2017
Interviews will be scheduled for after April 24th, for those resumes/CV's that rise to the surface. Thank you!