Teamwork. Integrity. Excellence. We are Aspire. Voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for in Chicago in 2015 and 2016, we know that Together, We’re Better!
Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising services to kids and adults with developmental disabilities, their families and the community through our four enterprises: Aspire Kids, Aspire Living, Aspire Careers and Aspire CoffeeWorks.
We are one of the most innovative human service non-profits in the Midwest with an incredibly talented and dedicated team of more than 200 that serves nearly 1,000 kids and adults every year, and that number is growing fast.
We also offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, a robust employee wellness program and a fun and engaging work environment.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Finance, the Disbursements Accountant is responsible for basic account reconciliations, file maintenance, and other general accounting-related duties including:
- Compiles data, processes payroll and maintains payroll files for each pay period including communicating and resolving payroll system issues with Paycom as required.
- Compiles and maintains accounts payable records answering all vendor inquiries.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment including printing, obtaining signatures, and distributing signed checks as required.
- Distributes 1099 tax documents.
- Transmits electronic bank deposits.
- Monthly expense journal entry preparation.
- Runs routine internal management reports and others upon request.
- Assists in annual financial audit preparation.
- Administer petty cash fund.