About Our Organization:
At Youth Guidance, we believe that no matter what challenges a young person faces, they are more likely to succeed when they have caring adults in their lives. Our highly-trained staff guides kids to overcome the life and academic challenges facing Chicago’s youth. We meet kids where they are — physically and emotionally — to help them focus on their education, make positive choices, and remain on the right path toward life success.
Founded in 1924 today Youth Guidance is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs serving more than 8,500 youth while touching the lives of more than 14,000 youth, parents, teachers, and community members.
The Billing and Accounts Receivable Clerk's primary responsibility is the management of YG’s Tuition-based billing portal, providing customer service to both staff and external customers, and act as a liaison with YG’s Back Office team.
- Oversees the web-based billing system to ensure invoices are issued timely and accurately; manages the collection of outstanding receivables
- Regular communications with program staff on the status and reporting of customer balances
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Follow established procedures for payment processing
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries, issues, etc. to investigate and resolve timely
- Collect data and prepare monthly metrics
- Acts a liaison between our Back Office, program staff, and customers
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Associate’s Degree in accounting required
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong decision making ability and initiative
- Strong team player
- Advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel and Word highly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Financial Edge and QuickBooks preferred
- Must be open to and desire new challenges and evolving priorities
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.