* Execute individual business plan to exceed revenue goals.
* Create fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up and new lead generation.
* Leverage existing business while continually generating new sales.
* Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
* Assist in identifying, recruiting, training and managing temporary coordinators and volunteers.
* Manage fiscal accountability for significant income requirements. Provide accurate projections to Executive Director.
* Oversee and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising and health care activities such as clinics, MDA Summer Camp, support group and other service programs.
* Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives. Demonstrate the ability to close the sale.
* Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
* Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
* Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
* Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
* Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
* Bachelor’s degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and two+ years’ experience in sales, corporate development or fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to travel throughout District’s territory as well as work evenings/weekends as necessary. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel throughout the district. Significant local travel is required for this position; including visiting local business, health care facilities, and events in public places.
* Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.