DOING THE MOST GOOD
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Membership Coordinator >>>>>15 hours/week at $10.25/hour.
LOCATION/DEPT: Golden Diners Nutrition Program / Geneva, Illinois
REPORTS TO: Program Director
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
STATUS TYPE: Part-Time
To provide Older Americans, 60 years of age and over, with low cost nutritionally sound meals and to promote better health among the older segment of our population through improved nutrition, thus reducing the isolation of old age and offering the Older American the opportunity to live their remaining years in dignity.
This position will provide administrative support for the entire Golden Diners program. In addition, this person may serve as the first voice or the first face of the program. It is necessary that the Assistant Membership Coordinator be familiar with the mission of the program, and in hearty accord with the same.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process phone messages relating to the appropriate personnel.
- Learn the federal funder's software application in its entirety.
- Enter client intakes into the federal funder's software.
- Maintain congregate meal and home delivered meal records.
- Maintain and distribute up to date route sheets to the sites.
- Maintain all statistics regarding congregate and home delivered meal clients (meals, people, demographics) per site.
- Maintain contact with Senior Services Associates, Inc. for new home delivered clients and/or the termination of home delivered clients.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems related to delivery of meals (missed meals, meals cancelled).
- Follow up with clients regarding problems with the delivery of meals.
- Print donation letter for clients. Record donations into client files.
- Record volunteer hours and maintain database.
- Fill in for other program staff in case of emergency.
- Assist other administrative staff when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver's license/MVR clearance with adequate insurance.
- Previous experience working with the older population is helpful.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Thorough knowledge of computer software.
- Willing to promote the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Uses diplomacy and good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and be a self-starter.
- An attention to detail, procedures, processes and policies.
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities.
- An ability to work with confidential material.
- An ability to manage projects, priorities and programs in a constantly changing environment.
- A communication and management style that exhibits the principles and values of the Army as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position is required to do light physical work.
- In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to use standard office equipment and a PC.
- The work environment for this position includes an office environment with a low noise level.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle.
This position is 15 hours/week at $10.25/hour.