Over 46 million Americans lack access to primary health care. To ensure that the underserved get the health care they need, planning for Greater Elgin Family Care Center (GEFCC) began as a community-based grass-roots concern in 1996.The primary purpose of GEFCC is to provide comprehensive medical care to individuals in the greater Elgin community, especially those who:+ Have No Source of Medical Insurance+ Are Medicaid or Medicare Recipients+ Are AllKids and FamilyCare RecipientsOpened in the summer of 2001, Greater Elgin Family Care Center is able to serve any individual or family needing health care and a medical home. Currently providing care at 26 different locations including schools, churches, and Elgin Community College.
This position is responsible for the provision of high quality clinical oral health care for the patients of Greater Elgin Family Care Center including examinations, bite-wing x-rays, fullmouth x-rays, panorex x-rays, charting of the mouth, review of medical history, oral prophylaxis, oral hygiene instruction, nutritional counseling, fluoride treatment and placement of sealants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high quality clinical oral health care to the patients of Greater Elgin Family Care Center in accordance with Licensure and GEFCC Policies and Procedures.
- Is fully supportive of all quality initiatives.
- Is fully receptive to other responsibilities as assigned.
- Provides all forms of leadership, supervision, direction, training and role modeling to all supportive staff (eg: Dental Assistant).
- Works to assure that all responsible areas are fully compliant with all applicable federal and state rules, regulations and laws. Insures that all responsible areas are in compliance with all GEFCC objectives, systems, policies, procedures, directives and contractual agreements as indicated by supervisors, contracts, training personnel and GEFCC policies and procedures.
- Maintains a level of efficiency that indicates satisfactory productivity.
- Provides care in an age appropriate fashion to one’s specialty.
- Report to all scheduled work sites and shifts on time and fully prepared to engage in all job responsibilities; location of work sites and shifts will change at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Engage in all offered training, consultations and supervisions made available. Fully and professionally respond to and implement directives and advice offered by all supervisory and training personnel, as well as professionally offered feedback from coworkers. Follow and fully implement Corporate Compliance Program.