The Frances Xavier Warde School is a Catholic elementary school in downtown Chicago that provides an excellent academic, values-oriented education to students of all ethnic, religious, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in a child-centered urban environment. As a keystone of its diverse community, The Frances Xavier Warde School provides need-based scholarships to thirty percent of its students. The Frances Xavier Warde School partners with its families, nurtures faith development for its Catholic students, and engages all its students to learn about and respect other faith traditions. The Frances Xavier Warde School uses a rigorous curriculum that enables students to grow, clarify their values, and develop decision-making skills and a sense of responsibility for themselves and the world they will inherit.
Responsible for all long-range financial matters and establishing school-wide financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs, and practices which will continuously provide The Frances Xavier Warde School (FXW) with sound financial structures. The CFO will plan, direct, and monitor financial and accounting activities for both FXW and the Children at the Crossroads (CATC) foundation. In addition to the School’s finances, the CFO will oversee the operations of FXW, supervise and lead the Controller, Director of Human Resources and the Director of Facilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Establishes and executes programs for the provision of the capital required by FXW, including, but not limited to, negotiating the procurement of capital and maintaining the required financial arrangements. Coordinates the long-range plans, assesses the financial requirements implicit in these plans and develops alternative ways in which financial requirements can be satisfied.
- Manages the cash-flow position of FXW and CATC. Responsibility includes authority to establish credit and collections and purchasing policies, and to establish schedules for the payment of bills and financial obligations.
- Approves all agreements concerning financial obligations, such as contracts for products or services and other actions requiring a commitment of financial resources.
- Maintains relationships with financial institutions in conjunction with the Head of School. Administers banking arrangements and loan agreements, receives, has custody of and disburses monies and securities. Maintains adequate sources for FXW current borrowings from commercial banks and other lending institutions. Invests FXW and CATC funds in accordance with Investment Committee guidelines.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of bids, contracts and leases.
- Ensures the maintenance of appropriate financial records and preparation of required financial reports. Reports on financial affairs of FXW and CATC to its leadership in a clear and concise manner.
- Directs preparation of budgets and financial forecasts.
- Develops and implements appropriate training and development opportunities for Finance, Human Resources, IT and Facilities team.
- Provides advice on all matters to the Head of School and assists the Head of School in the formulation of overall objectives for FXW and CATC.