* Effective leadership, management and development of all District staff. Provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of MDA’s philosophy, mission, strategy and our annual objectives and budget.
* Take accountability for the attainment of District Team income and individual fundraising goals.
* Manage fiscal accountability for significant individual and team income requirements. Provide accurate projections to Divisional Director.
* Develop and implement strategic business plans ensuring District achievement of income and health care goals, following the Business Plan and Health Care measurable documentation.
* Drive new income opportunities by engaging and recruiting MDA sponsors, volunteers and community members.
* Create a dynamic office culture that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse team of top quality employees and volunteers.
* Take an active role in hiring, training and development of the staff including coaching, feedback and performance reviews.
* Oversee and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as; MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising and health care activities such as; clinics, MDA Summer Camp, support group and other service programs.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Leadership: Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to Team members, develops workable plans, set expectations, monitor delegated activities and provide recognition for results.
* Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
* Problem Solving Skills: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully; solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
* Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
* Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
* Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
* Bachelor's degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and three to five years of direct management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated experience in financial planning/reporting and budgetary oversight.
* Proven success managing professional staff and providing guidance and support to help them achieve their goals.
* Ability to travel within territory and work flexible hours. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel throughout the district. Significant local travel is required for this position; including visiting local business, health care facilities, and events in public places.
* Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.