The Manager of Institutional Giving will strategize, plan, coordinate, and implement fundraising initiatives in the institutional giving sector (foundation and corporate grant funding) and secure funding to make possible the work of Chicago Public Media. This person interacts externally with Corporate and Foundation philanthropy program officers, executives, administrative staff, and board volunteers. This role internally collaborates with the content and programming teams, finance, marketing and membership, corporate sponsorship, as well as with other members of the Development team. The candidate must be highly motivated to build and refine new systems, processes, and develop new relationships for significantly growing institutional giving.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, secure, recognize, and steward institutional donors as part of Chicago Public Media’s fast-growing Development program
- Partner with the VP of Development to develop a strategic plan for a more ambitious institutional giving program in support of CPM’s 3-year strategic plan. Requires the ability to benchmark, strategize and build a pipeline through sophisticated prospect research.
- Actively identify potential funders based on CPM’s organizational priorities and unfunded needs. Build a 36-month pipeline to attract new funders to CPM or increase funding from existing funders.
- Proactively approach potential institutional funders to establish new relationships and strengthen CPM’s connections within the institutional funding community.
- Prepare compelling written solicitation and proposals to secure funding.
- Supervise the timely and sensitive acknowledgment of gifts from institutional funders.
- Manage the responsible stewardship of grants, including the interpretation of terms and budget tracking and reporting requirements.
- Provide informative and regular reports to funders to maintain continued support and involvement
- Maintain data for assigned portfolio in the Sales Force database, including contact reports, proposals, and other stewardship activities.
- Manage an active portfolio of 150+ Institutional funder relationships and be responsible for an annual fundraising goal of $1.5 million that will increase appropriate with the maturity the program. As part of CPM’s strategy for fundraising growth, revenue in this area should demonstrate sustainable growth year over year.
- Strategically leverage CPM’s ambitious three year strategic plan to deepen relationships with existing funders and establish new funding relationships.