Metropolitan Family Services empowers families to learn, to earn, to heal, to thrive. Part mentor, part motivator, part advocate, since 1857, Metropolitan Family Services has been the engine of change that empowers families to reach their greatest potential and positively impact their communities. Metropolitan is Illinois’ first comprehensive human services agency and reaches more than 72,000 individuals and families in Chicago, Evanston/Skokie, the southwest suburbs and DuPage County with services promoting education, economic stability, emotional wellness and empowerment.
We are now hiring for a full-time Licensed Early Childhood Director/Educator to join our DuPage Head Start Team!
The Licensed Early Childhood Director/Educator oversees the daily operations of Head Start site and provides a successful, safe and supervised educational setting, promoting the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of children.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for ensuring compliance is maintained with all documentation and actions that are required by licensing agents: Head Start, National Association for the Education of Young Children, Department of Children and Family Services, and Metropolitan Family Services.
- Responsible for the daily operation of a Head Start site and communicating issues (staff absences, parent concerns, attendance, food delivery, etc.) to Supervisor as soon as possible.
- Provides appropriate files and documents to DCFS licensing rep when visits are made.
- Schedules and conducts monthly fire drills and twice a year tornado drills. Inform school staff and MFS supervisor when these are scheduled. Document Provides feedback to classroom teachers.
- Participates, with other Head Start content area staff, to create transition plans for children entering and aging out of Head Start.
- Assess individual and group needs, attending to special needs, specific interests, strengths and concerns.
- Ensures that all developmental, social emotional and health screenings are completed with the mandated timeline and follow up occurs.
- Develops and utilizes integrated curriculum plans, which reflect mandated elements and components, parental and cultural influences, and promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of Head Start children.