* Execute individual business plan to exceed revenue goals and quotas specifically related to growth and new income sources.
* Create fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up and new lead generation.
* Leveraging existing business while continually generating new sales.
* Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
* Represent MDA throughout the community and actively engage in networking events and business development groups.
* Collaborate with Executive Director and Fundraising Team to develop a district wide fundraising strategy, timelines and goals.
* Manage fiscal accountability, following the District Business Plan, including providing accurate monthly projections to Executive Director.
* Build relationships and accountability systems to ensure supporters are engaged and our mission is clearly articulated.
* Participate in the execution of major fundraising programs such as MDA’s Shamrocks Against Dystrophy, Muscle Walk, Lock-Ups, Fill the Boot, Golf Tournaments, Social Events and other community based fundraising and health care activities such as clinics, MDA Summer Camp, support group and other service programs.
* Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Drive: Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with sponsors to meet business objectives.
* Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills, seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
* Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
* Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
* Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
* Dependability: Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
* Bachelor’s degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and three to five years of demonstrated sales and business development experience with a track record of successfully meeting sales quotas and surpassing expectations or equivalent combination of education and work experience in sales and/or fundraising.
* Ability to work independently and have high personal expectations of work product.
* Ability to travel throughout District’s territory as well as work evenings/weekends as necessary. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment is needed to travel throughout the district. Significant local travel is required for this position; including visiting local business, health care facilities, and events in public places.
* Strong computer skills and ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.