The Outreach Coordinator upholds the principles of TCA Health’s Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model by engaging community residents in health care services that reflects their preferences and values.
The Outreach Care Coordinator is responsible for ensuring access to health care, public benefits, social services, and community resources that support health improvement and well-being. The Outreach Care Coordinator shall accomplish this through community engagement and effective coordination and collaboration with TCA Health’s outreach workers, team members and community partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Manages the day-to-day operations of WIC and SNAP FSE&T to ensure that all administrative, compliance, and quality standards are maintained. Manages all Affordable Care Act Outreach and Enrollment Specialists.
- Works with administration to develop and implement comprehensive and innovative community outreach plans targeting individuals, schools, places of worship and other organizations;
- Coordinates and supervises implementation of patient outreach and education services to improve the patients’ health, increase community access to health and enabling services, and bridge the community to clinic gap.
- Engages with community members to understand and address the community's health needs; Makes information available about existing community resources, such as senior centers, health and wellness classes, and places to be physically active.
- Identifies those in need of health services which includes, but not limited to, insurance, preventive primary health care services, including care for chronic and communicable diseases, dental services, mental health services, pediatric care and immunizations.
- Uses “pillar organizations”, like churches, in the community as the gateway to reach those that are underinsured and need to be linked to the community; Identifies opportunities for outreach and collaboration.
- Uses information technology, such as geomapping and geocoding, to get a better idea of where the hard-to-reach patients are located. This “hot-spotting” technique can help team members identify who is most in need of outreach.
- Assists and supports marketing efforts of TCA Health in special community events, education, and preventive and wellness programs to provide information and educate the community at large about the health center.
- Integrates all community programs with TCA Health staff for appropriate referrals through an intra-agency and inter-agency referral system to ensure the residents living in the TCA’s service area have access to services needed to support health and well-being.
- Ensures public access to benefits enrollment, retention, and utilization, including but not limited to qualified health plans in the federal marketplace, WIC, and SNAP for patients and the community.
- Develops, maintains, and facilitates productive and positive collaborative programs and relationships internally and with community partners that support community-wide health improvement;
- Serves as an ambassador of the mission of TCA Health as a Federally Qualified Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) in all interactions with current and potential partners.
- Ensures a timely and informative response to requests for community engagements.
- Seeks feedback from staff, patients, and community partners to continuously make improvements.
- Establishes and maintains data reporting systems to evaluate that services demonstrate program value and impact.
- Continually develops program strategies and goals using data-driven approaches and best practices.
- Performs under limited supervision with accountability for program timelines and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Oversees TCA Health’s outreach team to assure the uninsured, under insured and medically underserved populations within its service area and targeted communities are reached.
- Manages all Outreach and Enrollment Specialist staff in relationship to their performance against goals and objectives for the programs and TCA Health.
- Provides customer service leadership to staff.
- Interviews and hires Outreach and Enrollment Specialist staff; develops training curriculum for employees; supervises planning and assignment of work by and for Outreach and Enrollment Specialist staff; oversees performance management and employee development; rewards and disciplines employees; makes termination recommendations to the CEO; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Monitors and assigns workload to staff to ensure productivity and responsiveness to staff, patient, and community needs; recommends appropriate staffing levels.
- Identifies workflow efficiency that improve overall service, productivity, and integration with other TCA Health and community services.
- Provides technical assistance to staff.
- Attends relevant training seminars, conferences, and meetings.
- Participates in agency-wide system and quality improvement projects as requested.