Healthy Schools Campaign (HSC), a nonprofit organization dedicated to making schools healthier places for all students, is seeking a part-time Development + Administrative Coordinator (20 hours/week). This individual will be an integral part of a dynamic team that helps HSC implement its annual development plan, execute high-quality events and meetings, keep the office running smoothly and meet the organization’s mission of supporting the long-term health and wellness of all students.
Specific activities include:
- Create and provide administrative support for fundraising campaigns in Salesforce
- Maintain records and ensure data integrity for grants and donations, properly acknowledge gifts and manage development workplan activities within Salesforce
- Track, record and properly document payments and invoices according to organizational protocols
- Research funding opportunities and potential donors
- Provide administrative and logistical support for events including an annual luncheon and Cooking up Change benefit
- Create and manage Salesforce campaigns for event recruitment
- Support the Cooking up Change auction, raffle, registration and event preparation processes
- Maintain records for the HSC Board and other organizational committees within Salesforce and liaise with the communications team to ensure that the website and other materials are up to date
- Support board and committee meetings by preparing materials and providing logistical support
- Provide planning and logistical support for HSC’s policy team and support the planning and execution of events in Chicago, Illinois, in other states and in Washington, DC
- Provide support for the President + CEO by making travel arrangements, maintaining contacts and tasks in Salesforce and other administrative activities
- Provide support for HSC’s staff recruitment and hiring processes
- Answer phones and welcome guests and generally ensure that the HSC office is a friendly, orderly and welcoming environment
- Provide support for internal and external meetings and webinars by ordering food, coordinating logistics, preparing materials, doing setup and troubleshooting
- Provide general printing and copying support and troubleshooting
- Track inventory, order supplies and manage office and storage space
- Ensure that the mail center runs smoothly and pack and ship materials and supplies
- Do light office cleaning and simple maintenance work
HSC is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all programs and services, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status. People of color, women and individuals of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please complete the application on our website. As part of the application, you will be asked to submit your resume, a cover letter and three professional references.
No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.