Erie Neighborhood House, a progressive social service agency serving the Chicago metropolitan area and dedicated to promoting a just and inclusive society, is seeking a full time Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Workforce Development, the Program Coordinator’s role is to actively promote workforce services to the community and engage participants in all workforce services.
- Research and conduct outreach in prime venues, events or community areas to increase enrollment into workforce bridge programs
- Conduct orientation and assess all participants for suitability into the program
- Case manage all the participants who are actively involved in a workforce bridge program to ensure the following: classroom attendance, transition into postsecondary training, completion of postsecondary training and assist with placement
- Educate and assist participants with creation of resumes and cover letters
- Coordinate with volunteers to conduct mock interviews, job readiness workshops and industry guidance in the form of guest speakers
- Develop and connect with industry related employers to provide job openings for participants
- Share job leads with participants and follow up with the outcome
- Assist participants with addressing barriers that prevent them from completing the bridge program, postsecondary training or obtaining employment
- Create and follow up with participants on their individual employment plans
- Attend workshops and meetings as necessary relevant to the position
Please forward resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references by Thursday, March 23, 2017 to:
Director of Workforce Development
1347 W. Erie St.
Chicago, IL 60642 or send via:
Email: email@example.com NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
ERIE NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCREDITED BY NAEYC & NATIONAL AFTERSCHOOL ASSOCIATION
RECOGNIZED BY BOARD OF IMMIGRATION APPEALS; UNITED WAY MEMBER
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.