The Raiser’s Edge Expert/Operations Manager is responsible for the integrity and management of the constituency database for the university and directly steers the donor services function for the Office of Institutional Advancement. This role is responsible for development reporting and system administration, will implement, refine, and improve processes and procedures, and will manage all hardware and software needs for these systems. This role will also manage and implement user training as it relates to system usage. This position directly supports the Advancement team by wholly understanding our Raiser’s Edge database, providing statistical information, forward-thinking analytics and problem-solving data-mining, which allows the Advancement team to cultivate and steward deeper relationships with current and prospective constituency of USML.
Core Leadership Functions
- With an entrepreneurial spirit, develops, implements, and supports strategic direction and plans for the Raiser’s Edge database: reporting, data and trending analysis, system support and hardware, and software needs of the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Serves as the internal database administrator for the Raiser’s Edge database: creates and leads work groups, and creates and maintains documentation for Raiser’s Edge and its supporting systems.
- Serves as project manager for projects with the Raiser’s Edge database, including coordination and vetting project requests with university leadership.
- Identifies and provides training opportunities to enable staff to stay current with required technical skills.
- Implements and refines comprehensive procedures and system checks to maintain data integrity and improve efficiency of the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Assists in the management of the operating and capital budgets for institutional advancement.
- Serves as the technical expert in working with the campus Computer Services department.
- Establishes and communicates data entry protocols.
- Establishes and maintains high standards for quality of service to internal and external constituents.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates and implements policies to ensure constituency information is well-maintained and consistently checked for accuracy.
- Maintains constituency records and all aspects of the Raiser’s Edge donor database, keeping all records current, updated and coded properly.
- Creates, standardizes and generates reports and constituency lists for the various fundraising channels for leadership, the Advancement team and outside supporting vendors (e.g., direct mail) of the university.
- Tracks donor contributions, appeals, packages, revenue, and other relevant data for all fundraising channels.
- Ability to understand the Raiser’s Edge financials and coordinate with the university’s batching process; including working with those on the team that enter the monetary and in-kind contributions into the database.
- Analyzes data to identify patterns of giving and makes recommendations of potential major gift and planned giving prospects.
- Performs research on donors and donor prospects and makes recommendations regarding cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Develops and maintains automated system for monthly, quarterly and annual giving. Identifies candidates for the sustainer, recurring gift program.
- Understands online giving and event registration platforms (like Online Express, Eventbrite, etc.); makes recommendations based on data trends to increase online engagement and online solicitations.
- Understand, maintain and work with those on the team that process donor acknowledgements for contributions for all fundraising channels through the Raiser’s Edge mail function.
- Reconcile Raiser’s Edge database with batching team and the general ledgers with finance team.
- Create and run queries and reports from the Raiser’s Edge to support Advancement VP with budgeting, revenue tracking and donor relations.
- Work with the V.P. of Institional Advancement to develop the fiscal year campaigns, funds, appeals, package codes and revenue goals within Raiser’s Edge
Ancillary Job Functions
- Takes initiative to improve both processes and outcomes, incorporating best practices, and innovations in this professional field.
- Ensures compliance with all university policies and standards.
- Compellingly communicates to staff the critical role they play in achieving the university’s mission and strategic goals.
- Facilitates organizational change initiatives; leads and supports staff in adapting to a rapidly changing technology environment.
- Facilitates development and achievement of professional and personal goals, for self and staff.
- Models our values of service, innovation, and teamwork. Holds others accountable for living these values.
- Fosters a challenging and compassionate work environment, recognizing strong performance, and listening and acting on feedback