Sacred Heart Schools is seeking a Middle School Math Instructor whose chief responsibility will be to work within the scope of the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Education to teach 7th and 8th grade Math. The foundation curriculum is Math Pre - Algebra and Algebra I. As a member of the Middle School Faculty, this instructor will act as an advisor as well.
Founded in Chicago in 1876, Sacred Heart Schools at Sheridan Road (Hardey Preparatory for Boys and Academy of the Sacred Heart for Girls) are independent, Catholic, single-sex elementary schools committed to academic excellence within the context of a Christian, faith-based community. The educational mission is deeply rooted in the 200-year tradition of the Society of the Sacred Heart and shared with the Network of Sacred Heart Schools located in 30 countries, including 24 schools in the United States. The essence of this tradition is the total development of each child: spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical. Our girls and boys are taught in single-gender classrooms, but follow a similar curriculum and share in many activities. With a total enrollment of approximately 700 students, the schools are organized into three academic divisions each led by a division head.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports – Implements – Models the Goals and Criteria for Sacred Heart Schools.
- Demonstrates appropriate planning and preparation for instruction
- Develops and maintains a classroom atmosphere that inspires learning
- Upholds professional standards of personal presentation, discretion, punctuality, and clear, direct, open communication.
- Appropriately carries out specific assignments, including but not limited to assigned supervision and duties, and other areas as assigned by the Leadership Team.
- Maintains professional credentials and/or certification as defined by our accrediting agency and consistent with band level placement.
- Knowledgeable of cutting-edge developmental theory, pedagogical methods, and current best practices for teaching and learning Pre – Algebra and Algebra I.
- Advisor for 10-12 middle school students, following the students through 6-8 grades, using developmental design curriculum
- Adept in establishing proactive communication, and collaborating with parents in a cooperative concerned manner.