Kew Foundation America, the US office of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (Kew), seeks a Development Associate. The right candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, customer-service oriented, collaborative, and interested in playing an important role in expanding awareness of Kew’s work in the US. The position offers the right candidate valuable exposure to non-profit administration within one of the world’s oldest and most well-respected environmental organizations.
Kew Foundation America values diversity and encourages applications from people of color, women, and candidates from all underrepresented populations. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Fundraising and Data Management
- Assist with implementation of Fundraising and Development plan
- Accurately and meticulously maintain donor database, including recording donations, meetings, communications, events, and other data as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising mailings
- Process donations, prepare and send contribution acknowledgments, ensuring donors are appropriately, accurately, and promptly thanked
- Assist with implementation of Marketing and Communications plan, including creating copy for website and helping to design development collateral
- Assist with preparing PowerPoint, Canva, Shorthand and other multimedia presentations
- Proofread marketing materials with precision
- Work with London-based events team to deliver events in the USA
- Receive, track, and acknowledge event RSVPs
- Table at events representing the organization
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to streamline and improve systems and processes
- Answer phones, greet visitors, order office supplies, file, distribute mail, and perform other administrative tasks as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Some nights and weekend required.