Do you have 5 years of experience in programming and meeting planning?
Do you enjoy traveling internationally?
Do you have experience working with committees?
We are currently in search of a Program Planner for an Association. The position is based in Northern Chicagoland. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Program Planner
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Program Planner coordinates all aspects of the programming for the association’s regional and global meetings and serves as a liaison between internal committees and departments.
Our client is a member driven, international association of business professionals.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Vacation, PTO and Sick Time
- Several other additional benefits included
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years of related programming and meeting experience required
- Experience working with committees preferred
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% required
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly give direction and ideas to staff and committee members
- Decisive and detail oriented
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Preparation and coordination of speaker contracts and related material for all meetings and programs
- Prepare copy and updates on annual meeting program book and website
- Work with appropriate staff to coordinate onsite logistics for annual meeting
- Serve as staff liaison between committees and involved departments
- Take and prepare minutes for committee meetings and conference calls and assist committee with the identification and selection of speakers
- Coordination of the compilation of speaker review results for meetings
- Prepare copy and updates on meeting program for registration brochures, program books, registration, and meeting websites
- Provide all speaker related information for meeting program drafts
- Preparation and management of meeting speakers’ honorarium and expense budget
- Coordinate production of meetings with the production company
- Track submission, review and editing of speaker visual support materials
- Preparation of program related spec sheets for assigned meetings
- Work with internal coordinator on preparation of meeting speakers, AV and support materials including compliance review, editing and revisions
- On-site oversight of programming activities and annual meeting programs
- Participate in Experience and Annual Meeting team meetings
- Coordination of the compilation of speaker review lists, assistance in selecting and contracting speakers for co-branded and other additional meetings
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Planner” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.