Basic Function: The Residential Engagement Specialist is responsible for monitoring the daily operations in the Safe Haven Program for Veterans that have experienced chronic homelessness. This would include monitoring and intervening in participant daily activities and behaviors, provide basic security of the building to ensure safety and basic interventions to support the opportunity for participants to achieve successful completion of the program.
- Support operational control and program services to ensure the safety and security of the residents, facility, and
- Complete and maintain required daily documentation regarding participant conduct/needs/observations, and Unusual Incident Reports prior to shift end.
- Aid in preventing contraband being brought into the facility through general observation, following engagement strategies with residents, and room searches.
- Monitor food service, dishwashing and kitchen clean up to assure adherence to all established food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Prepare and offer meals and make available per schedule or as needed for participants in the program.
- Monitor facility cleanliness and report issues or concerns in program log.
- Monitor/assure participants sign in and out each time leave and return to the facility.
- Monitor inventories and usage of supplies for participants and inform Program Director of purchase needs.
- Monitor participant’s compliance with established rules.
- Supervise location of residents using established location tracking form.
- Administer, document and count participant medications each shift. Inform Program Director of any issues with
- Monitor entrances to facility, video camera system, and answer phones.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Communicate to Program Director any identified issues regarding the safety and security of the building or of the residents.
- Represent the interests of the agency, the program, and the program participants in all activities by upholding VOA-IL mission and values.
Interested Applicants MUST apply through the following website: http://careprofiler.com/CareProfiler.php?customer=565 A word or PDF version of your resume must be uploaded to be considered a complete application. Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
Click on the appropriate job posting to complete online application.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.