Set Your GPS to J. We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose.
With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in every life we touch.
JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in over 15 diverse locations across the metropolitan area. Our core program offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports & Recreation, Aquatics, Arts & Ideas, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.
We welcome you to join us in building your career, as we build a stronger community. From the city to the suburbs, we’re looking for talented self-starters to join our creative and culturally connected team.
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance and support of computer workstations, laptops, network equipment, portable devices and application software for all JCC locations as well as the administration and maintenance for all related server applications (Domino, Team Workplace, IIS, SharePoint, O365 Exchange, VMware, etc.). The Desktop Support Technician works with their colleagues on the IS team to identify ongoing support issues/training needs and help develop plans for addressing these necessities.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Field desktop and server support requests via telephone, email and ticketing platform.
- Validate existing documentation on an ongoing basis against production environments to identify gaps, and errors contained therein.
- Strive to develop how-to and self-help articles for fellow help-desk staff, as well as customers.
- Accurately document work that is completed within ticketing and documentation platforms; provide feedback to supervisor regarding ongoing, systemic issues.
- Respond and close tickets related to desktop, network (ISP, wiring, DDoS), server, printer, backup, mobile devices, etc. while supporting a strong focus on first call resolution.
- Plan and implement strategic projects alongside other technicians (ie: facilitating systems upgrades, hardware/software migrations, etc.).
- Proactive administration/maintenance of computing environment, seek information for system enhancements and propose implementation plans with IS team.
- Monitor, administer and coordinate backup operations for the agency.
- Manage disk-imaging process for computers throughout the agency.
- Participate in Agency wide events and happenings (i.e. Lunch & Learns, holiday events, fundraising activities, etc.) in order to become a well-rounded and visible member of the JCC family.
- Actively pursue an understanding of all JCC programs in order to understand the technology needs of staff at all levels.