The Better Government Association (BGA) seeks a full-time Development Associate and Executive Assistant to support and assist with the development activities and assist the President and CEO and Director of Development at the Better Government Association. The Development Associate will work closely with the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Director of Development & External to support organizational operations and development efforts.
The BGA is a nonprofit and nonpartisan watchdog organization that combines investigative journalism, advocacy, and civic engagement to promote good government at the local, county, and state levels in Illinois.
- Support the CEO and Director of Development by answering phones, screening calls and email; managing calendars; making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings; preparing reports and financial data; managing office supplies needs and keeping office tidy.
- Organize files for the organization and the Development Department.
- Stay up to date on news of day with special focus on government and reform topics.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of Raiser’s Edge (RE) donor database. Support all development initiatives; pull lists, run queries, update/create fields and import/export data for mail merge and other functions.
- Responsible for the management and integrity of the RE data by establishing systems to ensure accurate gift processing, record keeping, and stewardship.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Strategic Development Plan including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals, and special events.
- Coordinate and prioritize day-to-day gift processing activities and ensures accurate processing and stewardship of gifts.
- Supervise the accurate processing of checks, credit cards, and electronic funds transfers for unrestricted and restricted gifts.
- Work with Administration and Accounting to manage accurate processing of checks, credit cards and electronic funds transfers.
- Supervise part-time Development Assistant and interns when appropriate.
- Coordinate sponsors, tickets and seating for three major BGA annual events.
- Serve as liaison with third party companies including but not limited to venues, event planning companies, and hotel event staff.
- Coordinate and manage volunteers who are assisting with the event to ensure they have a schedule and training on area of responsibility.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Manage digital elements of the program, while coordinating with designer.
- Order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, prepare name badges, and ensure appropriate requirements meet the quality expectations of the event.