Primary Functions: To provide a variety of outpatient psychotherapy services to individuals, couples, families, and groups.
Position Overview: Reporting to the TCH Mental Health Services Director (Director), the Part-Time Staff Therapist is responsible for direct provision of counseling and psychotherapy services to clients. TCH Mental Health Services is a program of The Community House.
Based in Hinsdale and serving the surrounding area, The Community House is a multi-service organization which provides recreation and cultural activities, counseling and therapeutic services, education support, and volunteer opportunities. The vision of TCH Mental Health Services is to offer a range of direct counseling and therapy, as well as workshops, educational offerings and mindfulness resources to youth, families and seniors in southeastern DuPage County. This service builds on The Community Houses's experience with youth development, family support, Charlie's Gift services for Autism and sensory processing disorders, and needs-based services.
Direct Clinical Services:
- Conduct and document Bio/Psycho/Social Evaluations for new pre-assigned clients.
- Conduct and document in-depth Clinical Evaluations during the first 4 weeks of therapy for each assigned client culminating in individualized Feedback Sessions.
- Collect information from and collaborate with collateral client contacts in order to best understand and serve the client's interest.
- Formulate and document a Clinical Hypothesis and Treatment Plan for each client supported by clinical consultation, supervision, case staffing, continuing education, and clinical literature.
- Provide psychotherapy, governed by the above, to all age groups in Individual, Couple, Family, and Group modalities.
- Re-assess and revise Clinical Hypotheses and Treatment Plans on an ongoing-basis supported by clinical consultation, supervision, case staffing, continuing education, and the clinical literature.
- Manage and document Intake Calls each week as scheduled by the Director.
- Provide psycho-educational and skill building services to groups.
- Maintain timely and appropriate clinical and administrative documentation as detailed in this document and the Counseling Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Prepare statistics reports as requested by Dept. Director.
- Complete at least one written weekly clinical process recording (graduate interns only).
- Provide psycho-educational seminars/classes for community as requested by Dept. Director.
- Write/comment for local news publications as requested by Dept. Director.
- Participate in regular Clinical Supervision, Case Consultation Groups, and clinical Case Staffing Meetings.
- Attend Continuing Education trainings & maintain licensure eligibility.
- Increase clinical knowledge and skills by continually seeking out information from supervisors and clinical literature.
- Adhere to departmental procedures as described in The Community House Policies and Procedures Manual & TCH Counseling Services Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Demonstrate professional attitudes and behaviors to promote the positive and collegial work environment within the Department and Organization.
- Communicate directly with the Counseling Director, in a timely manner, of any occurrence of notable clinical and/or administrative issues as they occur.
Part-Time hours are flexible and may vary; 16-24 hours per week. Hours should take place in weekday shifts of 4-8 hours between the hours of 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm. Saturday shifts require advance approval from the Department Director.
Part-Time therapists are required to attend monthly Consultation Groups and scheduled Case Staffing Groups.