Job Summary: The Director of Technology is responsible for providing leadership, planning, and management for the development, acquisition, implementation, and support of the technology infrastructure and information services at Beacon Academy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision, leadership, and day-to-day management, maintenance, and support of the IT department, including data network and backup systems, WIFI, firewall and security issues, databases, servers, printers, and telephone systems
- Coordinate the security and efficiency of the School’s network infrastructure as well as oversee the technical side of the School’s web content platform
- Develop a strategic and long-range technology plan (with the Head of School) as well as manage the hardware, software, and services IT budget
- Manage vendor relations, procurement, installation, and implementation of information systems
- Manage inventory of all school-owned or leased equipment including desktops, laptops, iPads, digital projectors, copiers, printers, etc.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Promote the use of technology by identifying, evaluating, and recommending new and emerging technologies for the classroom
- Plan and supervise both the internal and external training of the School’s faculty and staff
- Assist with the management of the Student Information System (Renweb), including the grade reporting process, teacher Web pages, etc.
- Promote the school on local, state, and national levels through conferences, workshops, seminars, and technology associations
- Teach a class in computer science, coding, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent preferred
- Competency with administrative and instructional applications of technology
- Competency with Google Apps for Education - including Classroom - and Microsoft Office products
- Current and in-depth knowledge of network architecture; telecommunication; wireless, mobile, and cloud technologies
- Knowledge of administrative and academic database systems
- Strong organizational, technical, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to problem-solve efficiently, effectively, and diplomatically
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team