Description of Organization
Lawndale Christian Legal Center (“LCLC”) was founded in 2010 to provide legal services grounded in restorative justice for youth, age 24 and younger, in the Lawndale area. LCLC’s vision is to raise up justly treated youth who are embraced by their families and community, restored from trauma, empowered to lead, and free from the criminal justice system. LCLC provides legal representation integrated with social services such as case management, mentoring, after school programming, workforce development, and mental health services. LCLC is the only legal organization that serves youth through the end of their sentencing period after their case is over. As a community-based organization, LCLC serves residents from Chicago’s North Lawndale community. More information on LCLC can be found at www.lclc.net.
Under the direction of the Deputy Director, this position is responsible for performing functions related to the financial management of LCLC. This includes a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll, ensuring accurate and timely financial recordkeeping and transactions, preparing financial statements. Responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable – accurately record and categorize all expenditures in accounting system (Quickbooks); prepare and distribute payments; generate year-end 1099s.
- Accounts Receivable – process deposits and invoice requests; accurately track all donations and grant payments in donor management system; provide timely receipts and year-end statements for all donations.
- Reporting – complete monthly reconciliations; maintain accurate tracking of grant expenditures to budgets; generate monthly financial reports, spreadsheets, and files; assist in preparing files and other documents for audits.
- Payroll – maintain timesheet records; accurately call in payroll to payroll service on a biweekly basis.
- Filing/Recordkeeping – maintain accurate and organized current and historical records/documents through accurate and highly organized filing system; comply with all federal, state, and local legal requirements by filing reports on a timely basis and advising management on needed actions.
Application: Please send cover letter and resume to Danae Kovac at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include position title in email subject.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.