| Overall Job Purpose: |
The Museum Store Associate at Navy Pier (“Associate”) provides welcoming and friendly assistance and information to customers/guests and Museum members. The Associate supports the Museum Store Manager (“Manager”) and/or the Museum Store Assistant Manager (“Assistant Manager”) and effectively and efficiently promotes and facilitates sales and transactions of merchandise to attain daily sales goals. The Associate ensures the Museum Store at Navy Pier (“Store”) is stocked, cleaned and well-organized at all times, in addition to performing back office tasks associated with operating the Store as assigned by the Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
In the Store:
• Provides exceptional customer service and ensures all displays and supplies are well stocked at all times. Advises Manager and/or Assistant Manager when inventory is low to ensure merchandise and supplies are reordered in a timely manner.
• Actively contributes to the attainment of Store sales goals.
• Ensures the Store is well maintained (clean and orderly) as per the directives of the Manager, Assistant Manager, and/or Museum Store Key Holder at Navy Pier (“Key Holder”).
• Facilitates customer/guest sales transactions using computer-based point of sale register and adheres to and implements cash handling policies and procedures.
• Assists with deliveries and maintains organization of storage room and back office.
• Assists with tagging incoming products.
• Alerts Manager, Assistant Manager, and/or Key Holder when supplies and packaging are needed from off-site storage.
• Supervises customers/guests in the Store to deter theft and minimize loss of merchandise.
• Assists with year-end inventory count and audit.
• Effectively promotes the Driehaus Museum to customers/guests to help drive Museum visitation.
• Completes and follows all daily procedures forms, opening and closing procedures and other Store guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager, Assistant Manager or the Museum’s Executive Director.
Decision Making Accountability:
Accountable for all assigned work; specifically, accountable for accuracy in maintaining inventory, cleaning and organizing storage, and informing Manager, Assistant Manager and/or Key Holder of any issues and product depletion.
Interacts with Store customers/guests, Museum members, Board of Directors, administrative staff, volunteers, consultants, vendors and interns and occasionally with staff from Driehaus Enterprise Management, Inc. (“DEMI”) and other Driehaus organizations.