- Masters degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or
University or Master’s Degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education which includes requisite Infant/Toddler classes
- BA degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or
University or Bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education which includes requisite Infant/Toddler classes
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college
or university which includes requisite Infant/Toddler classes and commitment to enter program to complete Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Education within three (3) years
- Minimum of 3 years experience in direct service in a supervisory role or administration
- Must have the ability to work well with clients, all levels of the organization, other agencies and funding source personnel
- Demonstrates the ability to conceptualize and articulate program outcomes
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be well organized, highly detailed oriented and accuracy driven
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrates initiative and motivation
- Proficient in MS Office
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
In addition, must demonstrate the following qualities: self-motivated, self-directed, detail oriented, follows directions, good judgment, creative, reliable, and dependable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical constraints required include the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, the ability to see and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses, to speak and be understood under normal circumstances, to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds, and the use of arms, hands, legs and feet with or without corrective devices to accomplish the job, including evacuation of the building during emergencies.
Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
Upon offer of employment, applicants must complete all forms related to hiring, including El Hogar’s application and employment status and 3 letters of recommendation. In addition, applicants must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting and a Child Abuse and Neglect Background Check which are required by DCFS. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.