Position Summary: (Part-Time – 24 hours per week. Weekend hours when required)
Working collaboratively with the Development Manager and the Executive Director, this position supports the development efforts of Save-A-Pet, focusing on organizing special events, increasing and maintaining grant opportunities, and other needed fundraising projects. The success of Save-A-Pet’s (SAP) reputation and ultimate ability to achieve its sustainability rests on the cultivation of strategic branding, donors, volunteers, donor and volunteer trust, confidentiality and effective communications.
- Be familiar with general laws and governmental regulations applicable to non-profit agencies/fundraising.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of Committees or others related to fundraising.
- Help oversee staff/volunteers responsible for data entry and gift processing.
- Develop and track proposals/reports for all development activities.
- Provide monthly development reports for the Development Manager.
- Assist in developing and presenting annual budget for fundraising.
- Write and/or contribute material for SAP’s various biweekly or quarterly newsletters.
- Planning and Development
- Employ the moves management system to move funding sources through the donor cycle.
- Establish, coordinate and maintain annual fund initiatives, (i.e. partnerships, appeals, etc.).
- Organize and implement special events, including logistics, sponsor, vendor and attendee relations throughout the year. Oversee and take the lead for all event software.
- Work with the Development Manager on grant research, writing and timely submission of funding proposals.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers, staff and various committees to identify avenues of economic support for the organization and in keeping with SAP’s goals.
- Work fundraising events, including weekends when assigned and required.
- Donor Relations
- Identify, cultivate and solicit potential donors, including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Oversee and be proficient in the donor management database and recognition process.
- Develop and maintain portfolio of (30) major donor prospects.
- Assist with the coordination of direct mail campaigns, appeals and newsletters.
- Marketing/Community and Public Relations
- Promote positive public relations in dealing with members of the community, donors, volunteers, etc.
- Reach out to corporations to build relationships for potential volunteer recruitment for the development area and/or for potential funding opportunities.
- Participate as a member of various Chamber of Commerce groups.
- Work with the Social Media Committee to maximize SAP’s fundraising potential through social media efforts.