At Hispanic Housing our vision is to provide affordable housing that people are proud to call home. In creating quality housing, a safe and stable environment, and by providing superior customer service, we help create part of the foundation that enables people to make a better life for themselves, their families, their neighbors, and communities.
We are seeking an experienced JANITOR to join a maintenance team for a multi-family development in Woodstock, IL. Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and the Property Manager, this position is responsible for keeping exteriors, common areas, vacant units, sidewalks, and alleyways of property in a clean and safe condition. This position will also assist in other types of basic maintenance when necessary. This is a great position to grow into a career in the maintenance field.
The duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleans all hallways, all common areas, vacant apartments, parking areas, sidewalks, and alleyways, and on-site management offices.
- Keeps up the exterior cleanliness and presentation of the property, including lawn care, window washing (interior/exterior), leaf blowing from parkways, trash pick up, and sanitation.
- Performs light maintenance, including appliance and plumbing troubleshooting.
- Assists with painting as directed.
- Replaces burnt out light bulbs.
- Checks locks while working in specific areas in order to maintain safety.
- Reports maintenance problem areas to Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor ASAP.
- Assists in inventory control of all janitorial equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.