TITLE: Alumnae/i Relations and Development Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: University Advancement, Alumnae/i Relations
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Alumnae/i Relations
JOB STATUS: Full time (at least 37.5 hours per week)
DATE AVAILABLE: May 8, 2017
PRIMARY PURPOSE//POSITION SUMMARY:
This is an entry-level position that primarily provides administrative and event support to the University Advancement Department and specifically, the Alumnae/i Relations function.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
JOB COMPONENTS//PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate logistical aspects of alumnae/i and other university advancement events including, but not limited to: vendors, event reports, décor, catering, and facilities. Manage event timelines to help ensure deadlines are met and events run smoothly. Collect RSVPs for university advancement events and update event records in the database. Staff select evening and weekend events.
- Serve as a core member of the Alumnae/i Weekend and Annual Trustee Benefit Concert & Gala teams (the working groups for the two largest events of the University Advancement office).
- Act as supervisor to all Alumnae/i Relations student workers; oversee and manage day-to-day operations and tasks for student employees.
- Serve as a point person for alumnae/i and friends of the university who contact the Office of Alumnae/i Relations seeking information and assistance via email, telephone or in-person. Notify development officers when in contact with one of their assigned prospects and notify appropriate leadership/staff of any significant information resulting from those contacts. Record as appropriate.
- Maintain departmental calendars and planning documents for alumnae/i and stewardship/donor relations departments. Schedule on- and off campus meetings for alumnae/i relations staff and the director of stewardship /donor relations director. Prepare and coordinate all meeting materials and associated mailings.
- Assist in maintaining electronic and paper files of alumnae/i and friends. Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, correspondence, website, postal returns, etc. Record details of alumnae/i interactions in Raisers Edge.
- Maintain and manage inventory of office and event supplies and giveaways for University Advancement departments.
- Monitor expenditures for alumnae/i relations and development and event-related income; prepare invoices for payment, as appropriate.
- Assist the alumnae/i relations and development staff with special projects, various mailings, and informational inquiries.
- Manage assigned projects from inception to execution, assuring accuracy and excellence.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
The Alumnae/i Relations and Advancement Events Assistant reports to the Assistant Director of Alumnae/i Relations and works closely with other members of the University Advancement staff, especially the Senior Director of Development and Alumnae/i Relations. The Assistant Director of Alumnae/i Relations will prioritize all assignments to reflect the priorities of the University Advancement department.
Submit cover letter and resume, including at least three professional references, at http://www.dom.edu/jobs
Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We look forward to a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.