In an atmosphere of dignity and respect, Inspiration Corporation helps people who are affected by homelessness and poverty to improve their lives and increase self-sufficiency through the provision of social services, employment training and housing. Serving as a catalyst for self-reliance, Inspiration Corporation has helped more than 10,000 Chicagoans in need since 1989.
Inspiration Corporation’s work is guided by our core values: communicate honestly; act with compassion; pursue growth and learning; be humble; take care of ourselves so we can help others; work greater together; and create a fun and productive environment.
The Individual Giving Manager has primary responsibility for all stewardship, cultivation, and fundraising from individual donors. In addition, the Individual Giving Manager supervises the Development Associate, whose responsibilities include gift acceptance and acknowledgement, data entry, and database management. The Individual Giving Manager also supervises the Volunteer Coordinator, whose responsibilities include monitoring and maintaining the agency’s volunteer program.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, outstanding judgment and ethics, the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, strong deadline management and organizational skills, and ability to problem solve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Strengthen relationships with current donors to increase annual giving
- Research current and prospective donors to evaluate capacity, affinity, interests, etc.
- Develop and execute strategies for donor cultivation.
- Communicate with donors by phone, e-mail, and in person to explain Inspiration Corporation and its work and solicit or accept agency donations
- Use The Raiser’s Edge software to prepare donor and gift reports
- Conduct cultivation and stewardship activities such as drafting reports and proposals to donors, customizing event invitations to donors and prospects, making thank you calls, and drafting notes
- Work with the Chief Development Officer and the Executive Director & CEO to develop and execute strategies for increasing gifts from the agency’s largest donors
- Coordinate donor meetings for CEO, Chief Development Officer and Board members
- Act as primary staff liaison for Inspiration Corporation’s Auxiliary Board
- Administer Inspiration Corporation’s monthly giving program
- Follow up with donors to pursue corporate matching gifts
- Represent Inspiration Corporation at external events where donors and prospective donors will be present including staffing tables, public speaking, etc.
- Record call records and all relevant information for individual donors in database
- Research industry trends and apply findings to donor cultivation strategies.
- Demonstrate Inspiration Corporation’s core values
- Provide supervision, training, and professional development to Development Associate and Volunteer Coordinator
- Ensure that external cultivation materials, such as letters, blog posts, emails, etc., are consistent and meet agency standards
- Ensure that database is properly managed and updated in accordance with policy
- Ensure that the volunteer schedule is filled and that volunteers have positive experiences
- Provide “day of” assistance at development events.
- Represent Inspiration Corporation at third-party events which provide opportunities for outreach, including staffing tables, public speaking, etc.
- Work with Events Manager to develop invitation lists for events
- Attend departmental meetings and enlist and provide support when needed
- Represent Development Department on internal committees and work groups as requested